Are iPhone users the whiniest customers alive?

Posted September 4, 2008 10:10 AM by Chris Seibold
Categories: AT&T Cult of iPhone

Everyone knows iPhone users demand the best, hey they’re using an iPhone after all. But might they be the neediest users around? You surely remember when they howled about the iPhone price drop and now iPhone users are up in arms over the outage that left iPhone users without service in the Northeast recently.

According to Fortune the only people who really seemed miffed about the outage were iPhone users. From the article:

“But by all accounts, it was mostly iPhone users who complained — vociferously — in e-mail messages, in Twitter postings, on Apple and AT&T forums.”

via Fortune

Comments

1. That might be because iPhone users are on average the most heavy users of mobile data services.  It stands to reason that they would notice the outage more.  Moreover, when you pay that much for a device and its supporting services, you want them to work, not get a bunch of BS excuses from the vendor.

Posted by Keith on September 4, 2008 11:49 AM
  2. Would you like some cheese with that?

Posted by Quembel on September 4, 2008 12:50 PM
  3. It always makes me wonder how many smartphones iPhone users have used prior to the iPhone.  The several I have used have had way more problems than the iPhone.

Posted by Kathi on September 4, 2008 1:14 PM
  4. @Quembel
    No, there was no whining in my commentary that I was aware of.  I was stating facts in the beginning of my commentary and if you were referring to the later part of my commentary, I guess you like paying for things that don’t work.  Since you do, send me your $$.  Maybe you could take a reading comprehension course so that you could understand more than just a one sentence paragraph.

Posted by Keith on September 4, 2008 4:01 PM
  5. @Kieth
    I don’t think that was directed at you, but hey, ‘when you pay that much for a device and its supporting services, you want them to work, not get a bunch of BS excuses from the vendor.’ I mean, Marsha Marsha Marsha!

@TFA
    Wow! Apple iPhone customers expect more value than Apple’s other customers. Could it be because their other products ... ARE NOT CELL PHONES? I mean seriously, who has a spare cell phone? And in other news, secrecy (e.g. lingerie) can create false expectations, which could lead to whining when the reality does not match the fantasy.

Posted by Stevi on September 5, 2008 9:36 PM