How Many Apps Can Your iPhone Hold?

Posted September 19, 2008 12:00 PM by Jovan Washington
Categories: Applications

image
One question on a lot of people’s minds is, “how many apps can my iPhone actually hold?” One would think until memory is gone, however that is not true.

According to Dr. Macenstein, you can only have 9 pages of apps, which totals out to be 148 apps.

Just in case you cared, you can “only” have a max of 9 full pages of apps, plus the “Fab 4” in the dock for a total of 148.

However, the 10th page is an unknown secret that can actually be used to get rid of those permanent apps, such as Weather, Stocks, Safari…etc. For instructions, look here.

I don’t quite have 148 apps just yet, but if I keep reviewing and not deleting, then I’ll be there soon enough. I’m a “digital pack-rat” though, so I keep everything…just in case.

Are you maxed out?

Comments

1. Since iTunes remembers what one buys, I tend to delete apps that I don’t enjoy or use much. I can always re-download them for free, because iTunes Knows I already paid for it. No need to pack lots of apps, unless it is one of those in danger of being pulled off, in which case it may be gone anyway if Apple decides so, by pulling the kill switch.

Posted by Jaime Rivera on September 19, 2008 1:51 PM
  2. Apple needs to add “folders” or “categories” so we can organize our precious apps.  I did max out, because I was sorting the different types by what page they were on.  Then the disaster struck.  All my apps were updated by iTunes and so all my organization was gone.

Posted by Scott on September 19, 2008 2:01 PM
  3. 2.1 resolved that issue. Your apps won’t move again next time they are updated.

Posted by Jaime Rivera on September 19, 2008 2:34 PM
  4. jaime, you don’t have to delete them, just untick them from the iPhone Applications tab in iTunes on your mac (or PC). This removed them from your iPhone but keeps them in iTunes,  so you don’t have to re- download.

Posted by chris Howard on September 19, 2008 5:42 PM
  5. What Scott said above. I can’t for the life of me comprehend why no one (Apple?) has come up with a folder/categorizing app. I’m getting callouses on my “flick finger” searching for a particular app.

Posted by Jack Nicholas on September 20, 2008 8:53 AM